Hardware Supplier Quality Engineer
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for the Supplier’s quality of material, finished goods, and process across NPI and Sustaining phases of manufacturing. You will lead to drive high quality material in order to meet development and mass production requirements, and ensure the robustness of the overall product quality. You will also be playing a critical role to help scope, define and revisit the Roles and Responsibility.
The Supplier Quality Engineer manages the Supplier's quality of material, finished goods, and process across NPI and Sustaining phases of manufacturing. You will lead to drive high-quality material to meet development and mass production requirements, and ensure the robustness of the overall product quality. You will also play a critical role to help scope, define and revisit the Roles and Responsibility along the way to expand SQE function in Square Hardware operations.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Operations through design, development, and mass production to manage the quality of incoming material across a variety of component manufacturing processes
- Responsible for Supplier quality activities - material, production, process and shipments etc.
- Engage with the Contract Manufacturer and component suppliers to ensure the quality of finished goods
- Perform First Article Inspections (FAI) to make sure samples meet the drawings and specifications
- Implement, validate, and monitor supplier's IQC, IPQC, and OQC to ensure proper SOPs, SIPs, operator/inspector training, equipment, and documentation are implemented and followed
- Drive the qualification activity to make sure the component is qualified in CMs before PVT
- Drive the correlation activity between Supplier OQC and CMs IQC
- Improve supplier quality
- Manage Supplier's corrective actions system (investigation, documentation, and implementation of corrective action and the verification of their effectiveness)
- Conduct supplier audits and respond to findings by proposing and implementing necessary FACA
- Coordinate and manage cosmetic limit sample selections and allocations for all involved parties
- Prepare documentation, post reports, drive quality metrics, and communication
- Drive teams responsible for issues until a decision or solution is reached
- 5+ years of industry experience
- 5+ years of Supplier Quality Engineer experience in electronic parts, especially Display. The Battery/Camera/Cellular experience is Plus.
- Experience with Manufacturing
- Strong interpersonal and project leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills in both Mandarin and English
- Ability to travel to Supplier and Contract Manufacturing partners
- Familiar with data analysis tools, like Minitab and JMP
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.