Global Supply Manager, Mechanical
As a Global Supply Manager on the Bitcoin Hardware Operations team, you will manage mechanical and electro-mechanial related commodities across both the Bitcoin Wallet and Mining programs. You will manage supplier business relationships which include pricing and contract negotiations, component quality, forecasting, and supply assurance. You will develop sourcing strategies from several component manufacturers. You should have have a track record in cost negotiation and supply chain management. Understanding manufacturing processes and being passionate about developing commodity risk management strategies is necessary. You will report to the GSM Lead. Role is open to remote.
- Work with Product Design, Product Management, Engineering, and Operations to achieve outstanding supplier selection and qualification
- Manage the following areas:
- Strategic Sourcing: vendor selection, be the point of contact for vendor relationships, market intelligence on potential suppliers, monitor vendor deliverables and schedules, evaluations of new materials, finishes, and processes
- Build Support: onsite management of any custom mechanical component development with our manufacturing partners
- Supply Management: demand forecasting, supply assurance and capacity planning, ramp readiness, yield, throughput improvement, and issue resolution
- Cost Management: negotiate pricing, cost reductions, RFQs, benchmarking, and cost modeling to aid negotiation
- Risk Management: analyze technical and business risks and develop supply continuity mitigation strategies. Influence Block’s product roadmap and sourcing decisions.
- Work with other teams and communicate with senior management about any potential issue which can affect Block’s products.
- Assess and mitigate risks to the business. Manage global supply chain issues in real-time across different time zones.
- Lead all contractual negotiations with suppliers (Master Supply Agreement, SOW, NDA)
- Willingness to travel, 15% - 20% mostly in Asia
- At least 5+ years of experience in Global Supply Management sourcing for servers/storage product mechanical components (thermal module, heatsink, plastic injection molded parts, CNC parts, casting). Electro-mechanical parts experience a bonus (power supply, fan).
- A nuanced understanding of the commodity landscape in mechanicals to forecast industry trends and gauge emerging competitive forces.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships within Block's internal teams and suppliers' teams and management
- Knowledge of and experience with, global supplier development & management, hardware development schedules, and cost management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Exceptional analytical and Excel skills
- ME degree preferred, Supply Chain management degree will also be considered.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $158,900 - USD $194,300
Zone C: USD $150,600 - USD $184,000
Zone D: USD $142,200 - USD $173,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.