Logistics & Trade Compliance Manager
We are looking for an experienced Logistics & Trade Compliance Manager to join Block’s Bitcoin Hardware Operations team to support our cross border e-commerce program and expand our logistics operations globally as we scale. You will report to the Global Logistics and Fulfillment Lead. We have exciting plans to ship Bitcoin Hardware products to customers all around the globe in a fast, reliable, economical, and elegant fashion. Initially, you will be on developing and documenting processes to refine and enhance our trade compliance and logistics processes related to Direct to Consumer/e-commerce. Ensuring that our policies and procedures are in compliance with local regulations while also ensuring we offer the best customer experience. As we scale and grow the logistics network with international distribution centers, you will analyze additional risk factors from compliance and cost perspectives to develop and improve the expansion strategy.
You will be asked to have expertise in logistics, classification, valuation, country of origin, trade programs, and import and export compliance. You will be highly familiar with US export controls, BIS reporting and licensing, customs requirements, and understand incoterms for e-commerce programs. You will work with internal teams (ie - tax, trade compliance, product, and customer support) and external partners (ie - vendors, carriers, and consultants) to troubleshoot any problems that may arise including delays and transportation issues.
You may be a good fit for this role if you’re passionate about logistics and trade compliance and comfortable balancing risk, operational needs, and providing a valued customer experience.
This role is based in the United States and is open to all individuals who can partner with our teams, including working across multiple time zones in the US, EU, and APAC.
- Be the go-to person for compliance with regulations and legal requirements related to shipping consumer electronics globally, including import and export regulations, customs requirements or restrictions, and international tax
- Identify and mitigate trade compliance risks associated with e-commerce direct to consumer shipments, such as screening, recordkeeping, product classification, country of origin, and valuation
- Consult on best practices for sourcing, shipping, and tariff mitigation as required
- Work with our global supply chain team and partners on opportunities for duty drawback
- Develop, maintain, and document processes for all aspects of our trade compliance program
- Implement scalable trade compliance processes including HS/ECCN classification, tax and duty payment, documentation, and audits to align with US and foreign in-country regulatory requirements
- Partner with stakeholders to audit and document business processes to ensure compliance with all applicable import/export regulations
- Manage the logistics process for our e-commerce direct to consumer shipments, ensuring timely delivery and cost-effectiveness of BTC HW products (Bitkey & Mining) to dozens of countries across multiple continents
- Build relationships with shipping carriers, freight forwarders, customs brokers, and regulatory agencies globally
- Develop and implement logistics strategies to optimize shipping routes and reduce transportation costs
- Analyze shipping data and develop reports to provide insights into performance and cost savings
- Identify and resolve logistics-related issues that may arise, including delays and transportation issues
US Customs Broker license (optional, but highly preferred)
5+ years of progressive experience in global trade compliance and logistics
Experience with import/export and trade compliance laws for both US and foreign in-country operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication, project management, prioritization and organization skills
- Ability to analyze data to identify trends and insights
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to dive into the work as well as manage others
- Experience with logistics software and systems, such as TMS, WMS, and ERP systems
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.