Internal Communications and Operations Manager
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
Cash App is seeking an Internal Communications Manager with exceptional project management skills to join our growing team. Reporting directly to the Head of Internal Communications, the successful candidate will serve as a trusted advisor to key business leaders and will be responsible for developing programs and playbooks to scale strategic business, organizational and leadership communications across the business.
About our team: Cash App’s Internal Communications team acts as strategic advisors across the business to ensure relevant information gets to the right people in the right place at the right time. We aim to Inform, engage, and enable a globally distributed workforce, connecting Cash App team members with the tools, information, and resources they need to succeed.
- Develop and implement a business communications strategy that enables operational leaders to regularly communicate strategic updates to employees
- Work with the Cash App leadership team to develop communications content and programming that supports Cash App operating principles, mission, vision, strategy and priorities
- Act as a cross-functional liaison between teams from various disciplines (eg. product, marketing, design) to ensure consistent messaging and communication
- Cyclical communications updates: partner with subject matter experts to develop an approach to curating and communicating quarterly business, organizational and financial updates
- Lead Project management for strategic initiatives driving operational excellence, developing playbooks and guidelines to support engagement and adoption of new platforms, processes or projects
- Develop internal communications briefs and updates that can scale for a growing business
- Manage projects from start to finish, including scoping, budgeting, and scheduling
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand their needs and provide effective communications solutions
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in internal communications
- 8+ years in communications, marketing, or related fields
- 5+ years of experience in corporate communications, preferably in the tech industry
- Experience working with senior leadership, proactively identifying risks, opportunities, and areas for improvement, and providing guidance and support as needed
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to apply a structured approach to tackle business challenges, identify root causes, and develop and execute effective solutions
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write and present complex concepts and ideas clearly and concisely to stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Project Management expertise with the ability to develop project plans, manage team deadlines and goals.
- Experience with project management and collaboration tools like Asana, Airtable, and Notion
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $155,600 - USD $190,200
Zone C: USD $147,200 - USD $180,000
Zone D: USD $138,900 - USD $169,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.