Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
As one of Cash Apps Program Delivery Managers, you’ll lead a complex, strategic and business-critical program that cuts across the organization. Tasked with spearheading and coordinating the delivery of multiple interdependent initiatives, we’re looking for leaders with world-class execution capability and high levels of resilience. Key to your success in this role will be the ability to apply a flexible and reactive approach that suits our dynamic and fast-changing environment, and act as the connective tissue across our cross functional, global teams.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Work closely with sponsors, product leaders and departmental SMEs to help shape and form the strategy of the program
- Build trust through strong relationships, across teams and different levels of the organization
- Apply flexible and appropriate program management methodology to effectively plan and execute
- Drive strategic cross-functional planning by closely partnering with design, product, analytics, engineering, legal/compliance and finance to develop program plans, dependency identifications and resourcing plan
- Ensure business objectives and targets are defined, measured and reported ongoing
- Capacity planning across the program to ensure internal resources are available to meet objectives
- Shape and deliver the communications & change management strategy
- Synthesise detailed product, project and program plans to inform and advise executive leadership
- Develop reusable frameworks that can help to increase efficiency, to improve communication, and to streamline team activities by reducing confusion
- Lead and mentor product and program teams across the organization
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You have 5+ years of program management or equivalent experience in software development organizations with direct experience managing cross-functional teams and projects
- You’ll have a passion for leading high-profile, complex programs of work in a dynamic environment
- You have experience working directly with customers and partners
- Your EQ and ability to manage stakeholders across all levels will be just as important (if not more so) than your project management toolkit
- Ideally, you understand the payments ecosystem and have experience working with product teams to stand up new programs in this space
- You have a deep understanding of product delivery, including Agile, ideally with a product background
- Your strong commercial acumen, with the ability to go beyond pure execution, will be put to good use
- You’re comfortable and experienced working with Executive and C-suite level, with demonstrated experience presenting to these senior levels
- You have strong resilience, and an ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $116,800 - USD $142,800
Zone C: USD $110,500 - USD $135,100
Zone D: USD $100,500 - USD $122,900
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.