CRM Lifecycle Marketing Manager, Bitkey
We're building a bitcoin self-custody wallet for the next 100M bitcoin users. Bitkey is a self-custody wallet with three parts — a mobile app, hardware device, and set of recovery tools.
We’re solving two important customer problems that we think exist in the current bitcoin wallets on the market today: customers who hold their bitcoin on exchanges or custodial wallets don’t control the access to their bitcoin, which puts their money at risk if something goes wrong. And customers using today’s self-custody wallets rely on a complex multi-word password called a seed phrase — if they lose their wallet and their seed phrase, they lose access to their money.
Bitkey is different. We’re building a safe, easy self-custody wallet for anyone to use. It has the convenience of an app, security of hardware, and recovery tools without the stress of a seed phrase — for peace of mind that if something goes wrong you can still recover your money.
Our goal is economic empowerment -- starting with bringing easy-to-use, reliable wallet that helps people around the world own and manage their bitcoin, rather than having to rely on a number of tools and services that don’t work well together and are challenging to use for a wide global audience. We want to make the future of money intuitive, and safe while enabling customers to build a better financial future.
We're assembling a team experienced in an extremely wide range of disciplines, and we’re looking for a stand-out CRM Manager to join our marketing team and help us build the future of money!
As the first CRM Lifecycle marketing hire on the team, the CRM Lifecycle Marketing Manager will play a key role in building our CRM function from scratch and help us launch Bitkey for the very first time across the globe. The CRM Lifecycle Marketing Manager will create and execute on a comprehensive lifecycle marketing strategy to deliver a delightful customer experience and drive growth through customer acquisition, retention, usage, engagement, and upsell opportunities.
Along with our Marketing and Design leads, you will own and deliver marketing campaigns and transactional comms that educate, inspire, and delight our customers, through email, push, and SMS. You will own the strategy and delivery of our launch campaigns, lifecycle marketing, retention and upsell campaigns.
Your first priority will be to develop and execute on the end-to-end customer journey for our V1 launch campaign. You’ll work with product teams to build transactional comms that educate customers on how the product works, where they can derive the most value, and ultimately drive product adoption, working with marketing and design on the strategy and execution of our launch campaign, referral programme, and lifecycle marketing journeys to drive product adoption across the customer journey.
We’re a startup building a new product and an entirely new consumer-facing brand within an established larger tech company. So you’ll have the autonomy and speed of working in a small team, with the support and resources of a large publicly-traded company. You’ll be connected to Block’s global CRM community from other businesses within the company — Square, Cash App, Spiral, and Tidal — so you’ll have a chance to lean on experienced CRM leads as sounding boards, without losing the ability to move quickly and have autonomy. It’s a unique chance to learn from senior leads, and gain experience owning and delivering the launch of a product that aims to improve the way people manage their money.
This role can be based anywhere remotely in the US, UK, Ireland, the Netherlands, Germany, among other countries, and reports into the Bitkey Marketing Lead in London. If you prefer an office environment, we have team-members working in offices in New York, and London, as well as offices in other cities including St. Louis, Atlanta, Philadelphia and other locations.
This is a unique opportunity to shape how we tell the world about a pioneering product that could change the way people think about bitcoin. You can learn more about what we’re building through our newsletter here.
- Support the integration and technical set up of our CRM tool — Block business units currently work with Iterable, Braze and internal tools; Bitkey is currently finalizing vendor selection
- Work with product, marketing, and partnerships teams to build out transactional and product comms that create a seamless experience for our customers and drives measurable product adoption
- Work with product and marketing to build our referral programme driving measurable growth
- Work with design and marketing to deliver on our launch campaign when we launch Bitkey across the globe for the first time
- Develop and execute on a comprehensive and CRM strategy to optimize for activation, retention, and engagement throughout the customer journey
- Continuously build and iterate on our end-to-end lifecycle campaigns, including identifying target audience segments, developing campaign strategy, collaborating with design and marketing, developing the review process, and getting feedback from multiple stakeholders
- Develop effective customer feedback loops including NPS campaigns, feedback surveys, and customer reviews across app stores and other key channels
- Build the CRM personalization strategy to ensure CRM communications are relevant and personalized to individual customers based on customer attributes, usage behavior, and segmentation.
- Establish a strong working relationship with cross-functional stakeholders across our Product, Marketing, Design, Partnerships, Customer Support and Data Science functions within the team, and CRM leaders across Block, to meet ambitious growth CRM targets.
- Create experimentation roadmaps and execute a rigorous A/B testing agenda to enhance campaign effectiveness
- Maintain performance and health of email, push, and SMS channels with regard to audience segmentation, content, list hygiene, and deliverability.
- Work with our Data Science team to measure the impact of each campaign, develop benchmarks, report regularly on campaign progress and performance to marketing stakeholders, and identify opportunities for growth and optimization.
- 4+ years of experience in CRM, preferably in a B2C technology company
- Proven track record delivering growth through CRM campaigns
- Proven track record structuring and delivering ongoing experimentation to continuously improve performance
- Experience supporting CRM integration from scratch is a plus
- Experience in structuring and improving marketing CRM tech stacks, including fluency in using leading CRM platforms, using tracking and personalization tools to deliver a great customer experience
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret data and generate actionable insights
- Highly creative, with experience devising campaigns that engage, educate, and motivate a target audience
- Strong writing experience coupled with a drive to constantly improve your ability to connect with customers through the written word
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.