The Block Accounting team is looking to hire an International Hardware Accountant that will be an integral part of our growing team. As Block continues to expand its presence around the globe, we're looking to bring in an individual who will be a key part of the team in accounting for our hardware team. Our global supply chain model uses a contract manufacturing model, experience in this area is preferred.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business operations to ensure accurate monthly financial closing, these areas include but are not limited to calculations and analyses of inventory balances, warranty reserves, capital expenditures, margin analysis, R&D operating expenses and other inventory reserve accounts
- Prepare detailed account analysis, balance sheet reconciliations for respective GL accounts, COGS reconciliation and cost proof for month end financial review
- Review and explain month to month fluxes on balance sheet and P&L statements
- Collaborate with the Operations team to resolve inventory discrepancies by performing reconciliation with 3PL, Vendor shipments, and analyzing Goods in Transit
- Analyze and validate the cost of goods sold (and deferred cost of goods sold) as part of the month-end close
- Perform standard cost review quarterly and work closely with Operations to review changes and impacts
- Take part in the quarter-end and year-end audit including potential physical inventory count at 3PL
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the business operations and business systems teams for process improvements and automation in the supply chain and inventory modules of Oracle
- Review SOX controls and process documents to ensure adherence of internal controls and ensure process integrity with Cost/Inventory and work with team members to resolve process issues and implement process improvements
- Support quarterly reviews and annual audits performed by external auditors
- 2+ years accounting experience in a public company environment
- Experience working with external auditors desired
- Understanding of Cost Accounting, Supply Chain and Operations desired
- Experience working with ERP system such as Oracle R12 or SAP
- Experience with financial and operational controls
- Experience implementing process improvements
- Demonstrated experience in systems skills-Intermediate MS excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Passion for Square. Strong interest in technology / knowledge of the industry
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $85,900 - USD $104,900
Zone B: USD $79,800 - USD $97,600
Zone C: USD $73,000 - USD $89,200
Zone D: USD $64,400 - USD $78,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.