Project Manager Lead, Marketing
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square is seeking a Project Manager Lead who will play a key role in Global Marketing’s ability to deliver on our goals and lead a team of direct reports. This highly cross-functional role will project manage our Central Marketing strategy and execution for our Restaurant & Retail Audiences. You are the glue between all cross-functional partners to ensure that critical priorities are met, completed on time, and reported to our executive team. In addition, you will project manage the Global Marketing team’s operating model.
- Project manage strategic initiatives across the Global Marketing team to ensure execution tracks against timelines, as well as unblocking progress through actionable next steps
- Work closely with stakeholders across Square to define key initiatives & tasks, and drive them through the execution
- Develop detailed project plans that indicate key milestones and activities
- Oversee all project functions including, but not limited to, kickoff meetings, requirements gathering, integration support, solution documentation, after-action reviews, and training
- Maintain resourcing requirements and understand resource availability & allocation
- Define and develop metrics to measure key indicators including value, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Ensure communication of priorities, projects/programs, and results to leadership and the larger team
- Be a leader and strong voice in developing solutions to address our strategy - including the development of new processes to solve for entirely new strategies and cross-functional work streams
- Identify and define new opportunities and operations gaps, and take on new strategic projects
- Problem-solve and escalate issues to maintain timelines and accountability
- Identify and onboard new tools to automate processes and drive team efficiency
- Build relationships with cross-functional partners to ensure we are working as one team, focused on winning and maintaining these businesses
- Be a thought leader for the Project Management organization
- Build out Marketing’s Project Management function and manage a team of junior PMs.
- Demonstrated experience managing and mentoring a team of 2+ direct reports
- 8+ years of experience working in project management
- B2B Marketing Experience
- Extensive knowledge of project management tools (Asana experience preferred), with experience implementing solutions and training teams on the use
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience managing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent communication capabilities, written and verbal
- Strong bias to action and willingness to multi-task
- Ability to form strong relationships and build empathy with functional experts
- Passion for Square's mission of economic empowerment
- Experience with software, internet, payments, financial technology, or the retail industry
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.