Senior Technical Data Analyst, Reconciliation
The Reconciliation Team oversees all money movement at Block, ensuring that our merchants, as well as external financial institutions, correctly settle with Block on every single transaction. We empower Accounting, Finance, Analytics, Payments, and product teams by delivering accurate data that is crucial to Block’s financials and provides early warning indicators for many product systems at Block.
As a technical analyst on the Reconciliation Analytics team,
- Work with the engineering teams, technical program managers and our business users to design, build and test reconciliation pipelines
- Work with non-technical business partners and product teams to understand their needs and come up with an automated end-to-end analytical solution
- Translate the requirements into applicable data requirements
- Design, curate, and document robust ETL pipelines to ensure highly accurate and reliable financial reporting
- Bridge the gap between our requirements and ETL logic by troubleshooting data discrepancies and implementing scalable data solutions
- Develop and maintain self-service reporting and dashboards
- Proactively identify innovative ways to improve existing reports and processes
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience building reporting infrastructure and dashboards
- Strong business intuition and ability to understand complex business systems
- Critical problem solving ability with the willingness to fail fast and iterate quickly
- Ability to understand non-technical business customers’ needs and translate them into automated reporting
- Substantial attention to detail and a tenacious dedication to quality
- Strong technical accomplishments in SQL and data analysis skills
- Experience designing, developing, and maintaining ETL pipelines
- Familiarity with schema design, data modeling, query optimization, and data pipeline maintenance
- Snowflake, BigQuery, MySQL or similar data handling experience
- Data Visualization experience, e.g. Looker, Tableau
- Airflow experience
- Experience with financial data, accounting, or auditing
- Experience with Linux/OSX command line and git
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.