Marketing Compliance Analyst
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
We are looking for a Compliance Analyst to join the Cash ANZ Compliance team to support marketing compliance review processes for Block’s Cash, consumer lending and BNPL product offerings. While the role will have an emphasis on supporting compliance with Australian and New Zealand standards, in this role, you will collaborate with other Compliance teams and other relevant stakeholders to ensure the global Marketing Compliance program complies with all applicable laws, regulations and industry standards relevant to Block’s business. The role reports to the ANZ Cash Compliance Country Lead and the successful candidate will have ample opportunity to grow in their career and to experience a financial services company dedicated to economic empowerment.
This is a new role and function in Block Compliance and you will have an opportunity in shaping its design.
- The execution of marketing compliance review and approval of all relevant and in-scope marketing material, collateral and assets across all channels, including Brand, in-store, customer, social media etc
- Provision of timely advice to marketing and business teams on marketing compliance policies and acceptable practices, development of collateral, including liaison with legal teams
- Participation in strategic business initiatives such as major marketing campaigns and development of messaging for key products and features, including new product development
- Responding to marketing-related complaints and regulatory enquiries
- Investigation into and resolution of compliance issues in relation to marketing
- Maintenance of policies, procedures and guidelines, as well as identification and implementation of process improvements
- Drafting training materials and conducting regular ongoing training and education sessions for sales and marketing business teams on financial services marketing obligations.
- 4 to 5 years in a Compliance discipline, working in consumer protection/ financial services/credit marketing compliance area
- Very good knowledge of financial services marketing compliance requirements in Australia and New Zealand - i.e. unfair contract terms, unconscionable conduct, and misleading or deceptive conduct regimes under the ASIC Act; relevant ASIC guidance in relation to the advertising of financial products under Regulatory Guide 234 (Advertising Financial Products and Services), licensing and permit obligations, AFSL and ACL obligations, Spam obligations, BNPL Code, ACMA guidelines, amongst other things
- Working experience in financial services or technology environments with a retail or payments focus
- Experience working in highly regulated financial services practices
- A passion for why compliance matters and how it contributes to successful business and community outcomes
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.