Global Technology Sourcing Director
The role will be responsible for proactively managing, developing, and executing category and vendor strategies for our technology supplier portfolio; inclusive of managing the 'cradle to grave' vendor management lifecycle. You should have strong leadership, communication and analytical skills and a proven ability to manage a high functioning and dynamic team of at least 10. You will model teamwork and collaboration skills and have a noticeable positive impact on the velocity and success of your teammates. The ability to build relationships with business partners across the organization to ensure understanding of goals and priorities is a core requirement in this role. You must demonstrate collaboration internally and externally, have a passionate focus on success, and commitment to continuous improvement. You will report to the Global Procurement Lead.
- Support Block leadership strategic planning efforts through:
- Heavy focus on sourcing (via best class sourcing methodologies)
- Contract negotiation
- Risk mitigation strategy
- Ongoing management and performance of vendor relationships
- Be a trusted partner to the Technology team in developing new strategies in an effort to increase delivery through people, processes, tools, and vendors
- Ensure smooth performance of daily operations, allowing them to concentrate on more progressive activities
- Oversee complex, Block-wide supplier relations, developing solutions to new problems and using your foresight to anticipate future trends and issues
- Establish partnerships with important business partners aimed at identifying, understanding and fulfilling their requirements
- Lead a network of other authorities, building cross-functional agreement
- Develop selection/negotiation criteria, establish purchasing goals, coordinate resources, and provide category leadership following long-term buying goals
- Collaborate with business partners to lead contract negotiation with suppliers; develop negotiation approaches, fallback positions and acceptable terms and conditions through contract completion and identify important benchmarks to measure contractual arrangements
- Identify and realize cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities and build a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs without compromising supply assurance or quality
- Assist to establish vendor life-cycle strategy to oversee planning, sourcing and selection of new vendors, manage data for vendor performance and manage vendor off-boarding and transition
- Explore new technologies to optimize performance and transparency to business partners
- Support internal and external audit, SOX compliance and due diligence requests
- Support other ad hoc projects
- Minimum of 10 years of strategic procurement or vendor management experience; in a high-growth technology environment preferred
- At least 5 years in a software/technology management position
- Ability to project manage, demonstrate project status, key actions, risks and opportunities
- Ability to navigate in unstructured environments while garnering trust with internal customers.
- Experience proactively resolving performance issues with assigned suppliers to ensure resolution
- Experience leveraging technology and financial systems to extract and analyze data
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university preferably in Procurement, Business Administration, Finance, Technology or related field.
- MBA/advanced technical degree is preferred
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone C: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone D: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.