Global Communications Associate, TIDAL
We are looking for a Communications Associate for TIDAL. You will help in the development of TIDAL's communications strategy around the world, from building compelling product and consumer narratives to communicating our mission and journey to the media, artist community, and the broader public. A background in the music/entertainment industry is preferred. The position can be remote or based in TIDAL's New York City headquarters.
- Be the TIDAL point of contact for day-to-day queries from press
- Collaborate with both TIDAL’s Marketing and Brand team and the in-house editorial, partnerships and product teams to equip you with the most alluring materials for storytelling
- Cultivate ongoing media relationships with consumer press
- Create and support communications programs that build awareness of our products, showcase our customers, and highlight our technology, including participating in major launches and announcements – including in international markets
- Develop written materials, including company press lists, briefing docs, messaging and statements, communications plans, press releases, blog posts, FAQs, and other collateral.
- Create and own an updated media list of important journalists to engage
- Pitch and maintain reporter relationships across consumer, entertainment, financial, business, and tech publications
- Act fast and be willing to make changes when the unexpected occurs
- Support Tidal’s Communications team by working with a variety of partners, including partnerships, legal, people, marketing, and product.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in communications, brand, and marketing, including media relations in consumer lifestyle, entertainment, and music
- Experience writing, editing, and messaging
- Good humor and high levels of empathy
- A global mindset and an ability to work with different cultures, perspectives, and attitudes
- A thoughtful, considered, and compassionate approach to your work and colleagues
- Relationships in media, entertainment, brand, and agency industries required; music or entertainment industry experience
- Flexible, amiable, and committed collaborator
- The ability to gather support from internal experts and external partners to position TIDAL’s product against competition
- The ability to act quickly and think on your feet
- Curiosity and determination
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $78,000 - USD $95,400
Zone B: USD $72,500 - USD $88,700
Zone C: USD $66,300 - USD $81,100
Zone D: USD $58,500 - USD $71,500
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.