Technical Program Manager - Product Security
The Security organization protects Block while allowing the company to take principled risks. We are focused on scaling our impact, and a large part of this is building the Program Management Organization (PMO) to support functions and programs for Security. This includes building the processes and frameworks needed for our teams and tools to scale, and managing complex initiatives as needed.
As Block continues to grow, having a structured and organized approach to scaling will be essential to our long-term success. You will join our Security PMO and help us solve the challenges ahead related to identifying and managing security risk across the company.
- Manage large scale security programs across Block.
- Manage multiple complex projects, often with competing timelines and resource needs.
- Manage diverse relationships with Product, Engineering, Operations, and Analytics teams at Block and at acquired companies, and provide recommendations that help teams understand and achieve their program goals.
- Build upon existing internal partnerships: define, iterate and enable new programs that minimize security risk across Square
- Develop and iterate on tracking and reporting tools to drive accountability and reduce operational burden on engineering teams
- Participate in quarterly and annual planning for the Security PMO.
- 5+ years of program/project management experience in a technical field
- Leadership and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to inspire team members and product partners.
- Experience breaking down engineering work across multiple teams and setting up project schedules and delivery dates.
- Experience identifying opportunities for and driving process improvements that result in measurable impact
- Experience managing highly impactful, cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated experience with JIRA or JIRA Cloud and dashboards
- Experience writing and running scripts, or otherwise automating manual processes
- Experience managing data security and privacy-related programs
- [Bonus] Experience working in/with a Security team.
- [Bonus] Experience analyzing success/effectiveness using data and metrics
- [Bonus] Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, etc).
- [Bonus] Experience helping a company through growth and scaling challenges
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $131,300 - USD $160,500
Zone C: USD $124,400 - USD $152,000
Zone D: USD $117,500 - USD $143,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.