Senior Product Manager, Platform Extensibility
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Developers Team team is driving the evolution of our systems to an open platform that provides access to a rich ecosystem of services for our merchants. We are focused on helping third-party developers build applications and integrations to meet the needs of different merchants to help them better run their business. And good business for them, is good business for us.
You will manage the strategy, priorities, roadmap and delivery of Platform Extensibility Services. You will be responsible for tackling some of the most difficult and technical challenges in our platform. You will work with our most senior leaders in both engineering and product to establish the investment strategy for this area. The key measure of success is accelerating the delivery of APIs and tooling allowing Developers to build new experiences on Square's platform. You will enable us to grow the services and APIs we launch in the future.
If you're looking to improve the growth and direction of a company, you will find this role compelling, challenging, and rewarding.
- Build the strategy for essential services that grow Square's Developer Platform.
- Work with our engineering managers to guide delivery of this work
- Work with our senior product and engineering leaders across many teams (Payments, Catalog, Customers, Orders and many more) to identify the biggest opportunities for us to help external Developers while accelerating other teams ability to deliver this functionality
- Develop industry-leading products that uniquely serve Square's customers
- Inspire your cross-functional peers to build a strong partnership in delivering excellent products
- Influence important partners throughout Square to align resources and prioritization
- Experience shaping and driving key strategies that have shaped the investment portfolio
- Customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Experience building developer platforms and ecosystems
- Navigated product scale challenges in a high-growth environment
- Deeply technical experience where you have worked with the most senior engineers to build solutions
- Developed industry-leading products that have gained a positive reputation and product loyalty
- 5+ years of product management experience or equivalent; prior experience as an engineer is desirable
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.