Product Manager, Artist Platform
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: US - CA - NorCal Remote
We are looking for an individual contributor, Senior Product Manager, to drive product development for TIDAL's suite of artist tools. You will determine product strategy and lead development for artist-facing experiences. You will collaborate with engineering, design and analytics to build these products, and partner with product marketing to bring them to market and meet business goals.
As an early member of the PM team, you will help formalize and scale the function, including defining best practices and TIDAL's product culture, all while defining product strategy at large. You will report to the Head of PMM / PM.
- Define product strategy:
- Identify market opportunities and build business cases to refine product strategy, leading discovery internally and externally
- Demonstrate understanding and empathy for artists and other important players in the music creation and distribution ecosystem, with a passion for improving their economic outcomes
- Manage a broad set of stakeholders to ensure we are building the right products, tracking success metrics, and communicating developments
- Drive execution:
- Define, document, and communicate goals, product requirements, and constraints for product initiatives and releases
- Partner with Engineering, Design, Product Marketing and Analytics to develop and communicate a clear roadmap while working on projects from ideation through delivery
- Collaborate with other PMs and internal functions on sequencing and dependency management
- Work with our Customer Success teams to identify pain points and determine high-impact opportunities to increase product usage and retention
- Set up for success:
- Engage the right partners and senior company leaders to align resources and prioritization
- 8+ years of product management experience or related/equivalent experience,
- Experience shipping and iterating on growing products that required partnering across multiple teams
- Ability to both operate at a strategic level and dive deep into the details and technical complexity with ease
- Obsessive about design and user experience, both for business and consumers
- Product vision founded in an analytical and metrics-driven approach that uses data and experimentation to guide decisions and strategy
- An ability to lay out and test clear hypotheses
- 5+ years of experience guiding company best practices around product management and product organizational effectiveness
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.