Employee Listening Program Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Block’s People Analytics Team surfaces insights that guide better and more impactful people decisions across the company. We believe that surveys and other employee listening methodologies are a critical source of insights that can help Block build high performing teams - they give us the ability to measure dimensions of employee sentiment and self-reported experience that often can’t be measured any other way. We’re looking for an innovative and results-driven expert to own our employee listening programs and use this powerful dataset to draw out meaningful insights about the employee experience at Block.
- Lead long-term vision, administration, and governance for employee surveys and listening at Block, and help integrate survey touch points into a holistic view of organizational health and the overarching People Analytics strategy.
- Plan and run our bi-annual employee engagement survey (known as Pulse), including iterating on the questions included, programming the survey in our survey platform, sending communications to all employees and managers, analyzing results, and sharing insights with HR, employees, and senior leadership including Block's executive team.
- Manage employee survey touch points at several key moments in the employee lifecycle (including: onboarding survey, exit survey, internal mobility survey, and more), ensuring that we gather insights at the moments that matter the most.
- Consult on ad hoc survey requests, including advising on survey best practices and tools with partners.
- Partner with Data Engineers to design, build, and maintain data pipelines from our survey platforms to our data warehouse.
- Surface survey data in intuitive dashboards for several audiences.
- Provide training on how to use survey data and dash boarding tools.
- Translate complex findings and data in a compelling and easy-to-understand narrative for audiences of all technical levels.
- Use perspectives from both theory and practice to create compelling insights from employee survey data, both independently and through collaboration with other People Analytics Team members and partners.
- Provide expertise on topics of surveys, employee listening, and related intersections with People Analytics and the broader People community based on industry best practices.
- Be an advocate of data-driven culture on the People Team and across Block.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in People Analytics or similar work, with at least 2 years of experience with employee listening and survey analytics.
- Strong understanding of survey methodologies, quantitative and qualitative research, and survey design principles.
- Translate business strategy and priorities into measurable data points.
- Experience managing, analyzing, and troubleshooting data using analytics tools (Advanced Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), SQL, R, or Python).
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and statistical analysis, along with possible effects and recommendations, to several audiences including C-level senior leadership.
- Experience designing and rolling out large-scale HR programs with an eye toward continuous improvement, change management, automation, and scalability.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a trusted advisor to senior HR leaders in People Analytics and survey insights.
- Ability to manage complex projects, balancing the needs of multiple partners while upholding program vision, strategy and goals.
- Ability to define problems and manage projects in a fast-paced, evolving organization.
- Experience with any of these tools in our People tech stack: Glint, Qualtrics, Medallia, Snowflake, Looker, Workday, Visier
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $128,500 - USD $157,100
Zone C: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
Zone D: USD $110,600 - USD $135,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.