Senior Human Resources Business Partner, Marketing
Our HR Business Partners (HRBP) support specific teams, working closely with management and employees on people-related issues: talent management, employee relations, coaching/development, compensation, conflict and performance management, organizational development and more. HRBPs are instrumental in initiating and driving HR programs and initiatives within specific functions.
We’re looking for a Senior HRBP to drive people and business initiatives across Square Marketing. The ideal candidate is one who is interested in making a significant impact in one of the most valued and visible groups in the company and excels in a fast-paced, high engagement environment with extraordinary desire to innovate. You will be on the front line working closely with business leaders to be able to provide hands-on and strategic input, insight, and advice with respect to employee relations, performance management, coaching/development, compensation, conflict management, organizational development, training and more. You’re comfortable speaking up and driving initiatives forward despite any unexpected roadblocks. You will report to an HRBP Lead.
- Partner with mid-level managers and senior leaders to develop and implement effective HR policies and practices that will support the strategic growth of the business
- Provide HR expertise in the areas of compensation, feedback, performance management, employee relations, development and coaching, and organizational development
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution
- Collaborate with the People team to champion and accelerate a culture of excellence in which people feel engaged and inspired to deliver top business results
- Develop people strategies and design approaches for diagnosing and enhancing organizational effectiveness and employee satisfaction
- Lead core HR processes (eg, performance calibration, compensation cycle, promotions)
- Analyze and interpret various types of employee reports (eg, compensation, job levels, and attrition) to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions to client groups
- Partner with HRBP and Learning & Programs colleagues to work on value-added programs in areas of training, development, career mobility and job performance
- 8+ years experience in HR, ideally in an HR Business Partner role
- Relevant experience building and improving company culture and increasing employee engagement, and expertise in performance management
- Superb communication skills, including effective facilitation, listening and writing. Ability to express thoughts in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective coaching and facilitation skills and ability to influence colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of HR programs and practices, including applicable state and federal employment laws and regulations
- Experience supporting Marketing organizations/functions
- Track record of strategic partnering with business leaders on multi-year company or org-wide people initiatives or projects.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.