Senior UX Researcher, Verse
- Madrid, B, Spain
- Employees can work remotely
Verse is within the ecosystem of Cash App, located in Barcelona, Vilnius, and Madrid. Its goal is to take the friction out of spending and sharing money through peer-to-peer transactions. Verse is an EU licensed electronic money institution, which under its digital wallet, allows its customers to share payments instantly, safely, and free of charge in select countries across the European Union.
In partnership with Cash App and the rest of the Block ecosystem, we are building a product that redefines the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at https://verse.me/careers.
As Senior UX Researcher within the Product Design team, you work closely with cross-functional partners to build world-class, end-to-end features that solve many of the world’s most important and interesting financial problems for our customers. We employ a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods to accomplish our goals, including surveys, focus groups, field studies, usability tests, and 1:1 interviews. The UX Research team is at the frontier of shaping new and innovative solutions across categories like personal finance, commerce, crypto, community and culture.
We are looking for a mixed method UX Researcher. This role reports to the Product Design Lead and could be based out of Madrid, Barcelona, or Remote.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to the foundation of Verse research in Europe
- Design and conduct discovery research to help define and inform the development and growth of Verse in Europe and enhance foundational customer understanding
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative user research that deepens our understanding of the European customers focused on uncovering motivations, needs, and notable behavioral and psychographic shifts by country or geography
- Collect and analyze user behavior through in depth interviews, ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, card sorting, surveys, and other relevant research methodologies
- Evaluate product design (in market and new concepts) in order to better serve the Verse customer through a strong focus on user experience, as well as identifying growth opportunities
- Effectively communicate research insights and findings to internal teams, leading with data-driven analysis and business relevant synthesis, via research reports and presentations
- Collaborate with teammates in Design, Product Management, Growth, Marketing and Engineering to build in research at appropriate times through the product development or go-to-market cycle
- Advocate customer needs through storytelling, including writing, visual, and verbal communication that helps other teams build empathy for our customers
- At least 8+ years industry experience. This might include design research, UX research, market research, and others.
- You are a self-starter with the ability to act autonomously and excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Experience operating across Europe
- Expertise with a wide range of qualitative research methodologies such as one-on-one interviews, ethnographic field research, usability testing (lab and remote), heuristic evaluations, card sorting
- Comfort and familiarity with quantitative research methodologies, including surveys and survey design, experiments, data collection and analysis
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing UX research studies, with global scope
- Experience in extracting valuable insights for product evolution and translating them into concrete actions and improvement proposals
- Excellent synthesis and communication skills of these findings
- Experience managing 3rd party vendors and agencies for recruiting, moderation, or end to end research support, when required
- Strong qualitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in highly collaborative multidisciplinary teams across time zones
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in international and multicultural settings
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.