- Sydney, NSW, Australia
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
As a Designer on our creative design team, you will be at the heart of bringing creative ideas to life. You’ll be asked to connect dots, organize thoughts and translate project strategy into great design experiences. You will collaborate with teams across Afterpay to launch creative marketing experiences that guide our mission, business and brand forward.
We focus on creating a brand that is built upon creativity and art, and we strive to look at brand marketing through a non-traditional lens. We work across the latest platforms, covering web and mobile experiences, visual design, experiential installations, photography, video, and animation.
The wider Brand Studio team is made up of accomplished designers, art directors, animators, and copywriters. This role reports to our Australian Creative Director.
Our ideal candidate is excited by the development and iteration of a wide range of creative strategies that consider multiple audiences and multiple channels. Ideally, they geek out equally on design and data, and are eager to optimize towards higher performance. They have a fine-tuned aesthetic and insights on current trends, including an understanding of TikTok which may or may not include some home made dance moves.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s a summary of the role:
- A brand champion that preaches and enforces all aspects of our visual style guide
- Align to brand and design systems to create a cohesive experience across platforms
- Be a motivated collaborator and a creative brainstorming wizard
- Work cross-functionally with marketing managers, designers, copywriters, creative directors, and agencies to align on campaign needs
- Execute polished designs for both existing initiatives and new concepts
- Drive creative ideation and execute based on business objectives
- Willing to get your hands dirty on production jobs if needs-be
- Ability to present ideas and explain creative strategy to relevant stakeholders
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for our merchants, customers and are passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- 4+ years of design experience with an expert-level of understanding in the principles of layout, typography, colour, photography usage plus a solid hatred of Comic Sans
- A strong portfolio of creative work you've led from conception to delivery across a range of marketing channels
- A thorough understanding of marketing objectives, channels and consumer behaviour
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while working both independently and within a team
- High attention to detail to a pixel-perfect level
- Expert-level Adobe Creative Suite skills and proficiency in Figma
- A deep understanding of all file types, including dispatch methods for digital and print
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.