Senior Employee Relations Business Partner
- Remote, PA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Our Employee Relations Business Partners conduct workplace investigations and provide Employee Relations subject matter expertise across the company globally. ER Business Partners are instrumental in conducting investigations on highly sensitive and complex employee relations issues, advising on policy interpretation and application, and providing guidance on employment matters where heightened risk and conflict are involved. We are looking for a Senior Employee Relations Business Partner who can help us grow and scale our Global Employee Relations function. This role will report to the Global Head of Employee Relations.
- Conduct thorough investigations into allegations of company policy violations with varying levels of complexities across multiple jurisdictions. This includes conducting investigations across Block’s global offices in NAM, EMEA, APAC, and LATAM.
- Adhere to investigative best practices and protocols around gathering and preserving information, documentation, and report writing.
- Make appropriate remedial or disciplinary recommendations following an investigation.
- Partner closely with Legal, HRBPs, and other functional partners within the People Team to recommend and implement solutions.
- Build, analyze, and maintain ER metrics and review on a quarterly basis.
- Create insights from data to diagnose, design, and revise people programs, policies, and practices to maintain a fair and respectful workplace.
- Provide guidance to HRBPs on a myriad of issues, including policy interpretation and disciplinary actions, high-risk performance management, and other complex and sensitive employment matters.
- Support internal projects/initiatives as needed.
- 5+ years experience investigating or advising on complex employee relations issues, or equivalent experience as an employment attorney.
- Experience with employment law principles and conducting/advising on investigations of highly sensitive and nuanced workplace issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong emotional intelligence, and ability to build trust, rapport, and influence with executives, senior leaders, members of management, and employees at all levels of the company.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills especially in complex, sensitive, and nuanced situations.
- Consistently exhibits high levels of discretion, integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Data driven mindset with an eye towards innovation.
- JD degree or employment law experience.
- Experience conducting investigations globally or global employment law experience.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $155,600 - USD $190,200
Zone C: USD $147,200 - USD $180,000
Zone D: USD $138,900 - USD $169,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.