Lead Generation Manager - English/French Bilingual
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The EU Marketing team at Square works to acquire new businesses through end-to-end marketing channel acquisition, as well as via our sales team. We're looking for a Lead Generation expert to build market-specific strategies, campaigns, initiatives and partnerships that will grow customer acquisition and fill our sales team pipeline with strong leads from local and larger businesses.
As the first on-the-ground Lead Generation manager in France reporting into the Head of Integrated Marketing based in Ireland, your role will be to identify local lead generating opportunities, develop strategies for in-person activations and deliver high quality leads that convert into Square customers. You will be responsible for building robust plans that will enable us to engage with new audiences and acquire sellers in France through a combination of lead generation marketing and sales channels including experiential activations, trade shows and partnerships.
This role offers remote working within France.
- Be one of the first lead generation managers on the EU Marketing team at Square with the opportunity to build this new function for the business
- Work with a tight-knit team and cross-functional partners to bring Square to life in the French market.
- Help design a local lead generation marketing strategy for France, using data to understand the full customer journey, areas for improvement and develop tactics for acquisition growth.
- Work with agency partners to manage flawless execution of offline lead generation tactics including experiential activity, partnerships, trade shows and gated content, to drive high quality leads and acquisition.
- Enable our sales team to be as effective as possible with their inbound efforts, with the objective of increasing efficiency and maximising ROI. This includes advising on collateral, audience segmentation, targeting and new opportunities for growth.
- Collaborate with Product, Content, Public Web and SEO teams to ensure our creative briefs, website and social content, creative assets, campaign landing pages, emails, sales collateral and experiential activity fits within the overarching lead gen strategy and delivers value for the business.
- Ensure all lead generation efforts are measured and tracked, with clear reporting on ROI, and customer databases are maintained and optimised.
- Understand how lead generation activities complement other marketing activities, including offline & brand marketing, mid-funnel and performance marketing.
- A minimum of 4+ years' experience in relevant marketing and/or lead generation roles
- Fluency in French and English
- The ability to analyse a marketing funnel and identify the best opportunities for growth
- Strong stakeholder management experience, especially with Sales and Product teams
- Exposure to developing and leading offline lead generation activities such as trade shows, experiential campaigns and industry partnerships.
- Experience balancing multiple priorities and making sound strategic decisions on the best way forward
- A solid understanding of content marketing and experience with distribution strategies
- A strong track record of data driven decisions
- A desire to roll your sleeves up and keep learning
- Strong local market knowledge, particularly in B2B
- First-hand, in-depth experience with Marketo, Salesforce and marketing operations
- A strong understanding of marketing automation systems
- A 'test and learn' approach to work
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.