Product Manager, Financial Crimes Technology
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
The Financial Crimes Technology team at Block finds and reports financial crimes activity across products like Cash App and Square. They work globally with partners in Engineering and Counsel to guarantee we're meeting our regulatory requirements, customer experience, and agent experience expectations.
As a Product Manager focused on Financial Crimes, you will create a vision and roadmap for the future of Compliance products and use your technical expertise to lead complex, versatile programs that affect the entire company. From internal tools used by hundreds of people to public facing products used by millions, you will help accelerate delivery of technical programs at scale by guiding teams, making data-driven decisions, managing risks, and communicating with executives and partners. You are a master at managing multiple programs at the same time, you are equally comfortable in a roomful of executives as you are with hashing out complex technical project details.
- Create a long-term vision for the future of Compliance products across the company.
- Design a roadmap for prioritized investment and execution against your vision.
- Gather requirements, determine milestones and success criteria, resource allocation and delivery.
- Work with distributed teams to launch supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines and communicate with teams on status, risks and change control.
- Identify technical risk areas and develop mitigation strategies.
- Communicate important developments, updates, and problems to teams in other disciplines.
- Shape processes for efficiency and scale in the software engineering organization.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of experience in any of the following technical fields - product management, product development, cloud computing, or software development.
- 4+ years of experience in technical project management of large-scale engineering efforts.
- 2+ years of experience any of the following fields-Financial Crimes, Risk, Compliance, Privacy, or Security, and a desire to work in Fintech, Regtech, and Blockchain technology.
- Experience distilling complex issues into solvable and applicable tasks.
- A passion for pushing boundaries and questioning the status quo.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.