Custom Digital Design Engineer
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
You will be part of the custom silicon team in Block that develops bitcoin mining ASIC.
In this role you will work closely with other digital designers and mixed signal designers to develop the next generation of mining ASIC. In addition to RTL design, you will participate in Synthesis, Place & Route, Timing closure, CDC, LINT, and DFT.
- Create implementation specification document
- Design and integrate RTL and/or algorithms and functions
- assist the verification team in determining coverage and provide design assertions and waivers as needed
- create timing constraints
- participate in synthesis log reviews, constraint reviews, timing report analysis,
- layout and backend reviews
- help silicon validation of the ASIC and its prototype
- BSEE degree or Applied Science degree (or higher) with 10+ years of related experience
- Good understanding of the full design cycle from RTL to GDSII, including chip level.
- Experience with CDC, STA, LINT, DFT, IP, and Physical design flow (preferably Cadence flow)
- Experience with advanced FinFET nodes, TSMC 14n or below, including low-power design techniques
- A solid engineering understanding of the underlying concepts of digital design and architecture, implementation flows and physical and timing signoff
- Development of timing constraints and design architectures to ensure on-time delivery, and to meet or exceed power and area targets
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.