UX Designer - Enterprise Engineering
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Block believes in the importance of well thought design and it's built into the core strategy for our external products. We want to extend that same design intention and elegance to our internal employee experience.
The Enterprise Engineering team provides innovative, high-quality engineering solutions to solve unique challenges for our internal teams. We want to make a powerful impression on the digital experiences that someone has from the very first time they interact with Square and through their life as an employee at Square.
We are looking for a dynamic UX Designer who will work with a team of experienced product managers and engineers to bring experiences. We prefer that you be at ease creating scenarios, sketches, storyboards, wire-frames, and prototypes. You will be able to visualize an experience in the abstract, break down complex use-cases and then be able to drive the vision into solid design deliverables.
- Please submit a link to your portfolio for review***
- Translate abstract concepts into simple and elegant user interfaces
- Partner and collaborate with other designers to define an internal design system.
- Manage ambiguity and work collaboratively within a team
- Switch rapidly between different projects in an agile environment
- Develop intuitive, and effective user experiences, interfaces and interactions.
- 4 years of relevant experience
- Experience working in variety of design and prototyping tools such as Figma
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with product managers and developers from concept to implementation
- Familiarity with technical aspects of UX across mobile, web, and devices
- Expertise in developing information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, and visual design
- The ability to communicate interactions rapidly at varying levels of resolution
- Experience in a highly agile/scrum environment
- Excellent collaboration skills
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.