Technical Lead-Payments and Settlements, TIDAL
- Oslo, Norway
TIDAL's growing Payments and Settlements teams are on a mission to make artist payments more transparent and fair. From creating first-class consumer payments experiences to designing industry-defining artist payout products, the Payments and Settlements teams at TIDAL work with other teams at Square to make it happen, and we're just getting started.
As we continue to challenge existing ways of providing financial empowerment to artists around the world, we are growing our teams to further accelerate our goals, and we are looking for an experienced tech lead to join our team. Reporting to our senior manager, you will oversee the services and tools that allow quick, reliable, and accurate payment and payout processes, while working with an amazing team of developers, product owners, testers, data analysts, and cross- functional leads across the entire company.
- Lead and empower an outstanding team of engineers by mentoring individuals, promoting pragmatic engineering decision-making, and applying your technical expertise to constantly raise the quality of design decisions and implementation.
- Help set broad direction, influence engineering and strategy, and establish practices to address customer needs
- Lead essential technical, design, and product discussions while working with leaders across our product, data science, operations, and engineering teams
- Oversee the success of your team's projects and deliver quantifiable results
- 8 + years of software engineering experience
- Strong software engineering skills and the ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance
- Experience working with product managers, business, data analysts, and other engineering and cross-functional leaders
- Interest in working on a team building tools, API's, and services for our customers
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.