Senior Software Engineer - Global Product, Cash App
- Sydney NSW, Australia
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, available and accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
Global Product is an engineering team within Global that is responsible for building new products and services that strengthen our Global Network. Our mission is to increase our monthly active customers across different geographies.
In Global Product we build highly available and scalable products that integrate with the broader Cash App ecosystem to serve our 40 million monthly active users.
As a member of Global Product, you’ll collaborate with us to:
- Architect, build and maintain APIs and services that will power CashApps products globally.
- Work in small, cross functional project teams to iteratively deliver products to production.
- Participate in peer code reviews, and the team’s oncall roster
- Interact with cross-functional partners from the Global team as well as other parts of Cash App
- Build products, systems, and services that have an immediate impact on our customers.
- Contribute to cultivating a pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar.
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Are self motivated and curious
- An ability to uphold a high technical bar while making pragmatic tradeoffs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Science
Technologies we use and teach:
- Kotlin, Go, Java
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Flux v2, Helm
- gRPC, Envoy, Istio
- SignalFx, DataDog, Prometheus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.