Senior Software Engineer (Fullstack), Customer Directory Product
- Seattle, WA
- Employees can work remotely
The Customer Engagement team's mission is to help Sellers grow their businesses by giving them the tools to know, support, engage, and acquire their customers. Our product suite includes Customer Directory - an omnichannel CRM platform, Square Marketing (e.g. email, social, advertising), Feedback / Direct Messaging, Digital Receipts, Loyalty, Gift Cards and Coupons. You'll report to the engineering lead and work on full stack engineering to help build the next generation of Product & Platform solutions that help our Buyers to centrally manage their data with Square in a privacy centric way and Sellers to conveniently manage their business by using our network of Buyers to provide a remarkable and delightful experiences to their customers.
- Develop features for Square Sellers to better understand and personalize experiences of their customers.
- Develop features for Square Buyers to help them enhance their online or offline shopping experience at Square Sellers and manage their data with Square.
- Foster innovation in building elegant user-facing mobile and web experiences for products serving millions of sellers and buyers.
- Manage end-to-end development process including design, implementation, automated testing and rollout for our frontend systems to promote faster and stable feature development.
- Work with other senior engineers and make engineering recommendations with a long-term mindset.
- Take a principled approach for architecting solutions by communicating the cost-benefit of a given solution and advocating for the best path forward.
- Work cross-team to build features and integrate with other products ex. Appointments, Orders, Square Online.
- Develop RPC-based microservices for our 1st party internal developers and REST APIs for our 3rd party developer facing API platform solutions.
- Design available and scalable services to manage our expanding data set.
- Implement asynchronous task workflow systems & data synchronization pipelines.
- 6+ years of software development experience.
- At least 3 years of recent full stack experience and comfortable switching gears between frontend / backend as situations arise.
- Experience delivering consumer-facing products / features from definition to delivery.
- Experience designing and productionizing large-scale distributed systems and REST APIs.
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL databases.
- Great technical knowledge for defining data models, interfaces and workflows.
- Passion for applying, and to architect remarkable solutions for end-users.
- Excel in a collaborative environment involving partners and experts.
- Experience with event driven async pipelines/message queues and data synchronization.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms, such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Frameworks: JS Client - Ember, React, Services - gRPC / JAX-RS REST
- Databases: MySQL, Redis, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, BigQuery
- Infrastructure: Hybrid - Private DC / AWS / Google Cloud, SignalFX, DataDog, Snowflake
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.