Senior Data Analyst, Customer Success
- New York, NJ
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join the Seller Customer Success Operations team to help build the strategy by providing data insights around customer satisfaction, team happiness, and operational efficiency.
As a senior member of the team, you will lead experimentation projects (including AB testing), develop automation solutions, run analysis and summarize insights from the vast amount of data captured by Square, and guide strategic decisions based on data to improve the performance of our organization and present these findings to partners.
- Partner with stakeholders to make data-driven decisions across the organization by applying descriptive and predictive analytics where it will have a material impact
- Apply a diverse set of tactics including statistics and quantitative reasoning to solve problems, research, and produce actionable insights
- Communicate analysis and decisions to partners and executives in verbal, visual, and written media
- Provide comprehensive daily analytics support to partner teams, develop resources to empower data access and self-service so your expertise can be used where it is most impactful
- Lead strategic analytical projects that provide relevant insights or promote operational change
- Perform ad-hoc analyses of our performance trends to inform executive decisions and provide reporting in Looker.
- 5 years of analytical experience in consulting, data analytics, data science, or machine learning and predictive analytics
- Bachelor's degree
- Advanced SQL proficiency and familiarity with concepts beyond querying (schema and ETL design, and query optimization)
- Experience in Python
- Experience with reporting and visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
- Fluency with statistics techniques to structure analyses and provide insights (e.g. statistical tests, AB testing)
- Experience in applying data-backed heuristics to solve practical product problems such as predicting churn, cross-selling, clustering user archetypes, and more.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.