Junior Software Developer (Frontend), E-commerce
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
As Square’s business continues to expand into the online space, these teams will help build all aspects of Square’s E-commerce (ECOM) offering. We are looking for talented and passionate software engineers to join our Toronto office.
The Toronto office houses a number of teams at Square. As Square’s business continues to expand, these teams will help build all aspects of Square’s offerings. We are looking for talented and passionate software engineers to join our Toronto office. You will:
- Build elegant user-facing web experiences that combine intuitive interfaces with smooth performance at scale to allow sellers to succeed online, including managing their online item catalog, accepting orders, fulfilling those orders, and everything in between
- Work closely with other Store teams on cross functional initiatives to provide complex and advanced Online Store functionality. From international support to robust customer accounts, you will work on the advanced features that help sellers grow and succeed
- Achieve the levels of reliability and correctness that merchants and buyers expect when they entrust Square with their financial and business information
- 1+ years of front end development experience and a good command of engineering fundamentals
- Motivation to build beautiful, refined and intuitive products
- Innate curiosity, and a desire to learn and teach
- Empathy for your customers and colleagues
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
- Familiarity with modern Front-End frameworks (e.g VueJS, React, Angular etc...)
Technologies we use and teach:
- PHP (Laravel)
- MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Memcached
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.