- Toronto, Canada, us
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Toronto, Canada
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Hiring great talent is critical to the success of any company. Square is looking for an experienced Technical Recruiter, you will be responsible for building and executing strategies to engage and build relationships with world class talent within the software engineering communities. Throughout the entire process, you will provide an unparalleled experience, while serving as an advisor to candidates and internal partners alike.
- Own the entire lifecycle of recruiting from kicking off a new search, job description development, building a robust evaluation strategy, sourcing and closing candidates
- Provide a seamless recruiting process for both candidates and hiring managers
- Partner with HRBPs, Finance, Talent Programs, Compensation and I&D to ensure a holistic and inclusive approach to recruiting
- Provide mentorship or indirect leadership on various recruiting best practices
- Execute against unique sourcing strategies to build diverse pools of candidates
- At least 3 years of full cycle technical recruiting experience
- Experience recruiting for a variety of software engineering roles (e.g. Backend, Fullstack, UI Engineers, Mobile Engineering, etc.)
- Experience building strategic partnerships with hiring teams and cross functional team members
- A desire and aptitude in building organizations that take into account holistic team composition and long term vision.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.