Senior Software Engineer, Square Console
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Square has grown into a platform of product services that help merchants run their business. From the inside, these product services are organized into teams with their own product and engineering teams. Underneath, there's a platform organization that supports this plethora of products.
Our team, Square Console, is part of this larger platform organization. We work with engineering teams to ensure their internal operations needs are met and optimized through tooling for infrastructure experiences (e.g. Single Pane of Glass). Some projects you may work on: reliability dashboard, feature flag toggling, data discovery catalog, improve cloud provisioning, and many more!
- Oversee the entire development lifecycle on the Square Console Platform.
- Build fullstack features using React, TypeScript, and Nodejs microservices.
- Assist infrastructure engineers from other teams to develop new data views using our platform
- Contribute to the monitoring, stability, and security of our existing services
- Communicate technical designs in writing and in person to all kinds of audiences
- Understand our partners needs and assist turning their requests into scalable features
- Working proficiency in the English language
- Experience working in large full-stack web applications (2+ years minimum)
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks such as Ember, React, or other frameworks
- A desire to scale
Technologies we use:
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.