Product Manager, Payment Platform (Multiple Roles)
- San Francisco, CA
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Square’s Payments Platform is an open, global financial services platform for developers who serve sellers (merchants). It provides the necessary components to manage identity, process payments across multiple channels, hold and transfer funds, and provide accounting, reconciliation, and reporting in a secure and compliant way.
The Payment Platform is looking for product managers to lead the following products:
- Payments and Financial APIs
- Payments SDKs
- Business identification and verification (“know your customer” and “know your business”) workflows
- Authentication (2-factor authentication for online transactions via 3D Secure)
In one of these roles you will lead the direction of your product by setting the vision and strategy for the next generation of Square's platform products. You will own new and critical areas that are essential for Square's product and market expansion, in addition to reimagining how existing capabilities can be supercharged to better meet customer needs. You will champion and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders spanning our sellers, our partners, our internal first-party app developers and external third-party developers who innovate on behalf of our sellers. You will partner with engineering to drive execution.
- Run your product like a business: manage the entire product life cycle from ideation, to planning and execution and own the success of your product.
- Define the product vision and roadmap for your products
- Focus the team on the most impactful projects by understanding customer use cases, synthesizing those needs into your product roadmap, and defining key metrics
- Ensure your cross-functional team has a strong understanding and empathy with sellers/merchants using Square and developers building with Square.
- Collaborate with engineers, product marketers, analysts, designers, and writers to build remarkable product experiences for developers, sellers, and buyers.
- Manage expectations by communicating progress to stakeholders and partners
- Ensure the health of your product by balancing new features with maintenance and technical debt.
- 5+ years of product management experience or equivalent and strong customer empathy
- Demonstrated success launching and scaling platform products with intuitive developer and user experiences and maintaining them across multiple versions
- Great interpersonal and communication skills that shine when you’re talking with a customer, working with engineers, or engaging a cross-functional audience
- Passion for our purpose of economic employment and innovation on behalf of our sellers and developers
- Experience in financial services is a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.