Recruiting Manager, Incubation
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Talent Acquisition is a strategic function that enables Block's growth, shapes our culture, and identifies the talent we need. As a Technical Recruiting Manager, you will oversee a team of full-cycle technical and business recruiters. You will lead a high-functioning recruitment team that builds strategies to engage and build relationships. You will partner closely with leadership to create and implement global strategic initiatives to support the Incubation organization. The Incubation Recruiting Team focuses on building teams for the newly acquired or created business units and supports the more experimental parts of Block, making this team one of the most fast-paced and dynamic recruiting teams in existence.
We pride ourselves on crafting programs that align with individual teams' needs, so creativity and flexibility are requirements for success. With that also comes autonomy and the freedom to experiment, which when measured, drives decisions that allow Block recruiting to improve. *This role will be based in the US, but the office location is flexible (including remote).
- Mentor and scale a team of Recruiters and Recruiting Managers
- Partner with senior engineering leadership and executives to create comprehensive recruiting strategies aligning recruiting plans with prioritization of the business
- Be a consultative advisor to the business, leading strategic discussions to build teams holistically
- Partner with mission-critical stakeholders within the finance, legal, and people functions
- Partner with the broader recruiting team to build efficient and scalable recruiting processes
- Leverage data to evaluate and optimize current hiring processes for operational efficiency
- 7+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience; preferably for an innovative and scaling organization
- 3+ years of leadership experience in the talent function
- Ability to lead a globally distributed recruiting team through consistent mentorship
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional stakeholders to accomplish a common goal
- Ability to utilize data and metrics to story tell
- A positive and team-oriented approach to your work, defining your success through the contributions of others.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.