Operations Program Management Lead, Customer Success
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Global Program Management and Infrastructure team ensures the smooth and efficient running of the Customer Success organization on a daily basis. With offices in the US, Canada, Japan, Ireland, Australia, Poland, Taiwan, and Guatemala, we improve both quality of output and cost efficiency of the global organization, while also ensuring timely execution of essential strategic projects for the growing Customer Success team. As a Program Management Lead in Customer Success Operations, you'll work cross functionally — with other Operations teams, with the broader Customer Success organization, and beyond — to plan and build towards the global vision of CS.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage a team of Operations Program Managers who are responsible for delivering on CS's largest opportunities for improved efficiency and quality of service. You'll play a large part in ensuring timely and smooth delivery of our global vision and strategy.
- Refine and implement the proper governance and operating processes to establish CS as a well-oiled project management machine.
- Provide leadership oversight to ensure that – across all of the various initiatives we’re working on throughout the organization – we are prioritizing our work and resources effectively, measuring impact, and delivering results.
- 6+ years of project or program management experience; at least one year of experience building and managing a team
- Experience managing a project management office (PMO) – the ability to define and run a governance model across various cross-functional stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation skills, catered towards a variety of stakeholder functions. You're able to clearly and concisely communicate an idea, or overall project/program status.
- A keen eye for prioritization and continuous optimization. You have the ability to discern the urgency and importance of work.
- The ability to analyze data to identify the largest strategic opportunities for the organization. Be able to use data-driven insights to provide high-impact recommendations.
- Experience with Asana and Jira is not necessary, but a plus!
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.