Finance & Strategy CashApp -Senior Finance & Strategy Manager
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
The Cash App team is focused on building financial service products for individuals, whether making it easier to send / receive money, make purchases using the Cash Card, receive discounts through Cash Boost, as well as buy / sell Bitcoin and public equities. Cash App has seen tremendous user growth, and along with this growth comes incredible opportunities, and significant challenges for our business. We are looking for a Senior Financial Manager to join the Cash App Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) group. The FP&A team manages financial processes of the business, including the annual financial plan, regular forecast and outlook processes, determining capital allocation across our business, and providing analytical support to Cash App Senior Management. You will be an important contributor to the strategic decision-making processes across the business and help decide and scale the reporting for Cash App. Your role will be with the Cash App FP&A team, and you will report directly to the Cash FP&A lead. You will have one direct report within your team.
- Be responsible for Adjusted Revenue / Gross Profit trends based on a tops-down approach and drive narrative on Cash App overall performance to Senior Leadership in the organization
- Develop a tops-down financial model to help articulate levers on Adjusted Revenue growth, and work with key stakeholders to validate output of the model with the bottoms-up forecast
- Interacting with Cash Finance & Strategy ("F&S") leads on a regular basis to understand product drivers, gross profit margins, and business trends as needed
- Work with Sr. Management on ad-hoc requests to inform our strategy and improve efficiency to help drive long-term trajectory of the business
- Drive key financial processes including annual planning, quarterly outlooks and the three-years plan
- Maintain and develop a model to forecast Monthly Actives Users, and help develop frameworks to increase forecast accuracy
- Interact across the board as a Cash FP&A partner with various teams : Corporate FP&A, Compliance, Business team.
- Lead and mentor a Senior Financial analyst
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience, preferably in fintech or traditional banking
- Excellent proficiency in excel (can write advanced macros)
- Good proficiency with Analytics tools and data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau)
- Excellent verbal and written - identify and defend data-driven recommendations and a sense of business management
- Experience developing new ideas and solutions
- Financial experience including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, or data interpretation and analysis
- Solid experience in root cause analysis
- Work with peers and multiple levels of management
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.