- New York, NY
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square is looking for a administrative professional to join the Executive Operations team, providing strategic support to the General Manager of Square for Restaurants & Head of Partnerships. These dynamic Square executives lead growing, complex teams on both the product and platform. As their Executive Assistant, your mission will be to amplify the impact and success of these Square executives and their teams, which comprise an essential part of Square's Seller organization.
Square's Executive Assistants are trusted guides for the leaders of our company. We improve efficiency, promote collaboration, and help execute our strategy. We foster culture and community by helping teams connect and hold each other accountable. As a centralized Executive Operations team, EAs report to EA Managers who, in addition to supporting Square executives of their own, provide their EA reports with specialized guidance that only a fellow, accomplished Square EA could offer. We embrace and promote a team-first mentality in all aspects of our work.
- Provide shared administrative and strategic support to Square executives within Seller, maintaining complex, dynamic calendars requiring thoughtful collaboration with other executives, teams, partners, and EAs
- Be a trusted partner and advisor to executives, attend important meetings, manage agendas, take meeting notes, and track deliverables to execution
- Project-manage multiple initiatives, driving clear and cohesive communications across the executive's distributed team in a remote environment
- Foster team collaboration, communication, and shared learning, and identify opportunities for operational improvement across the organization
- Develop processes that allow teams to move faster and creatively use resources
- Build relationships across your executive's teams and our centralized EO team
- Plan large-scale team events, town hall meetings, and leadership off-sites
- Use data and insights to improve your executive client's operations and stay ahead of deliverables
- Be a sounding board and trusted partner to your executive client by building trust
- 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant, Administrative Business Partner, or similar role
- 2+ years experience working with small or large technology companies, ideally in a SaaS environment
- The ability to organize, analyze, and prioritize executive workflows, often applying and interpreting data to make decisions
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and high emotional intelligence.
- The ability to work with many personalities; you are clear, concise, and kind in every interaction
- Full proficiency with Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Slides
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.