Principal Software Engineer, Capital Servicing
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Block's rapidly growing financing platform, Square Capital, has revolutionized the way businesses and consumers obtain the funding needed to achieve their goals.
Unlike traditional business financing products, Square Capital offers are extended to pre-qualified sellers with no application process, funds are deposited as soon as the next business day, and repayment happens as a fixed percentage of daily card sales. Since the product launched in 2014, Square Capital has extended more than $6 billion to over a hundred thousand sellers, and generated a ton of great feedback for future products.
As an Engineering Lead for the Servicing Platform Team on Square Capital, you will define the broad direction and future of our Servicing Platform which handles the services and infrastructure that power our credit products. You will operate on the critical path of all our products on Capital and beyond, and have a direct impact on the success of our credit products.
- Lead and empower an outstanding team of engineers by mentoring individuals, promoting pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the quality of design decisions and implementation by holding the team to a high standard
- Help set broad direction and vision, influence engineering and business strategy, and establish practices to efficiently and effectively address customer needs
- Lead and participate in critical technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across our various product, data science, operations, and engineering teams
- Oversee the success of your team's projects and deliver quantifiable results
- 8+ years of hands on software engineering experience
- Excellent software engineering knowledge and the ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance
- Relevant engineering experience in lending, accounting, or similar domains
- Experience collaborating with product managers, data analysts, and other engineering and cross-functional leaders
- Interest in working on a platform team building tools, APIs, and services for internal and external customers
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.