Senior Product Manager, Hardware Business Systems
- Remote, TN
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Hardware Business Systems team runs the end-to-end supply chain systems for Square hardware - from planning to execution. We are hiring for a product manager to work with our hardware partners like logistics ops, delivery ops, retail ops, procurement, forecasting, and demand planning teams to envision the roadmap for hardware business systems that powers the global hardware operations and business.
As a Product Manager supporting our Hardware Team, you will guide the vision and roadmap for the hardware business systems team to bring high impact and customer delight. You will identify new product opportunities, translate those opportunities into product requirements and work with tech teams to turn those ideas into new features and products. You will improve your product through an understanding of our customers, competitors, and our changing landscape. Finally, you will partner with product marketing to ensure your product is getting to the right customers.
We want employees to reside where they feel most creative and productive. You will be part of a distributed team and are open to sharing and adjusting to typical working hours (Pacific Standard Time).
- Develop an understanding and be able to articulate who is using your product, why they are using it, what is working and not working for your customers, what improvements are urgent v/s important.
- Maintain a prioritized product roadmap for the next 12 months with clear product requirements and business justification for each item on the roadmap.
- Develop detailed product requirements for developers, integration engineers and data engineers and help prioritize them during sprint planning.
- Grasp complex technical topics and simplify it for your important audience with value drivers and influence assessment
- Influence your stakeholders using a
- Monitor launched products/features and use metrics to iterate and refine the product/feature.
- Identify the essential technical risk areas and develop actionable mitigation strategies.
- Communicate important developments, updates, and problems to business, operations, product, marketing and technical teams.
- 8+ years of experience working in eCommerce, Retail or supply chain systems or SaaS applications.
- relevant industry experience.
- 4+ years of experience in Technical Product Management
- Experience in promoting ideas and solutions (PRFAQs, PRDs, 1pager ) to a variety of all kinds of audiences.
- Experience running WBRs, QBRs and Annual plans with different technical and nontechnical audience.
- An experimental mindset that uses metrics to backup assumptions and support.
- Experience testing hypotheses and preparing solutions without well-defined direction.
- Experience building trust with customers, internal partners/team members and executives.
- The ability to understand and deal well with rapid development cycles and to remain flexible in the face of uncertainty.
- Extended experience in agile methodologies.
- Demonstrate understanding of software development life cycle and best practices.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.