Senior Manager, Stock Administration
- San Francisco, CA
The Stock Administration Manager will lead and scale Block's stock administration function as we continue to grow globally. This position is based remotely in the US or in one of our US offices. This role will oversee the end-to-end administration of our equity plans (including equity grants, option exercises, releases, ESPP, broker transactions, and withholding tax calculations), in the U.S. and globally. This role will report to our Global Head of Equity.
- Manage and mentor team of 2 full-time stock plan administrators
- Administer the company's stock plans for all employees in the U.S. and globally, working closely with the company's transfer agent and outside service providers, and internal teams
- Prepare, maintain transaction details, file SEC forms 3, 4 and 5 as needed
- Manage 10(b)5-1 trading plans and annual review of providers
- Provide a superior level of service as well as prioritizing and satisfying multiple questions and requests from employees, management and others supporting employee understanding of stock plan services, enrollment and transactions
- Assist efforts to continue to improve the stock administration function, including improving and introducing additional best practices with effective controls, automate routine work streams and paperwork processes to better ensure efficient, accurate processing of stock administration matters and reports
- Continue to improve employee education materials and offerings to employees; plan on-site visits
- Partner effectively and proactively with human resources, legal, tax, payroll, mobility and accounting to anticipate, implement and/or address equity compensation initiatives
- Maintain record keeping of our equity data using Equity Edge Online and ComputerShare
- Manage relationships with outside vendors, monitor enhancements to service levels
- Prepare monthly and annual reconciliation of all equity information and maintain SOX compliance
- Prepare and manage annual proxy preparation
- Maintain supporting documents for audit and support with data requests
- 6+ years of relevant experience in administration of global equity plans (CEP designation is a plus)
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Strong working knowledge of equity plans and various equity types; experience working directly with major third-party equity software systems and brokerage firms
- Ability to function in a highly confidential environment
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams, including legal, HR, tax, payroll, accounting and financial reporting
- Passion for Block. Strong interest in technology / knowledge of the industry
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.