Sales Data Analyst
- Chicago, IL
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Toronto, Canada
Square's Sales organization drives aggressive revenue growth by deeply understanding our Sellers' stories and helping them onboard excellent solutions to grow their businesses. The team balances success and positivity and enjoys seeing our company grow alongside our customers.
As a Sales Data Analyst on the Sales Strategy team, you will use your data analysis skills to empower data-driven decisions across our Sales organization. In this multifaceted role, you will improve our sales dashboards suite and reports, create sales reporting documentation, and provide first-line support for incoming sales data requests. On a quarterly basis, you will assist the Sales Strategy analysts in creating recommendations and solutions to complex business matters to help improve our Sales growth across each of our markets. Furthermore, you will educate the Sales Team and our cross-functional partners from Finance, Marketing, Product, etc. on how to best utilize the Sales reporting suite, while gathering new sales data requirements and proactively suggesting improvements. You will report to the Head of Sales Strategy.
- Develop and maintain well-structured reports, dashboards and data visualizations that empower self-service data access and help to support strategic and tactical decision-making for the Sales Team and our strategic partners
- Educate stakeholders, team members and strategic partners about the Sales reporting suite, while collecting feedback, and proactively suggesting improvements
- Be the front-line partner for all incoming Sales data requests by triaging, completing, answering and when necessary, assigning them to team members
- Assist Sales Strategy Analysts with sales data analysis, project planning and execution of quarterly strategic initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree required (major in analytical or technical field preferred)
- 2+ years of analytical experience (ideally in consulting, finance, or sales/business operations)
- Experience with querying/reporting using SQL (Snowflake) and Salesforce
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets (can perform complex functions)
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Prioritize projects and work on them from start to finish
- Experience with collaboration across stakeholder departments (including finance, product, marketing, analytics, etc.)
- Willingness to build new deliverables/processes from scratch
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.