Senior Software Engineer, Channels + Fulfillment
- Denver, CO, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Los Angeles, United States
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Channels team is a passionate, and occasionally silly team with a bold mission: enable Square sellers to sell everywhere through omnichannel solutions.
Our team is currently building many integrations to 3rd party systems used by sellers, as well as a core platform to power those integrations. The platform is designed to accelerate our future initiatives of supporting commerce everywhere by unlocking omni-channel selling, and it's being built with state of the art technologies and event-driven architectural principles.
We are building an industry renowned team known not only for what we build, but for the culture and engineering practices that enabled us to build it. That culture and practices help take passionate, engineers into an environment that is challenging, supportive, and full of learning such that it will help accelerate their skills and career.
- Join a team passionate about test-driven development, documentation, and growth in the craft of software engineering
- Learn from us, and help us learn from you
- Work with engineers, product managers, data scientists, and others to deliver remarkable products
- Empower and work with other teams at Square to build and support integrations to 3rd party systems
- Design, code, and ship features for a new platform that will empower sellers to be everywhere their customers are
- Build and test for massive scalability
- Work with state-of-the-art technology and technologists that will create new paradigms for the industry
- 6+ years of professional software engineering experience
- First hand experience building products at scale.
- A passion for designing and building efficient distributed systems
- Experience executing complex, medium-to-large feature releases that span multiple months.
- A passion for investing in tools, processes or technologies that help multiply the teams efforts
- The ability to embrace periods of ambiguity and be part of the force lighting a path forward for the team.
- Experience working with designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing, and business development to achieve a great product.
- Design fault tolerant systems so the team can be brave and move fast, without ever negatively affecting our customers
- A lifelong dedication to both learning and mentoring others.
Some of the technologies we use and teach:
- Language(s) Golang
- Infrastructure AWS / DC
- Technologies Kubernetes / Docker / gRPC / Terraform / MySQL / Redis / ElasticSearch / SQS / DynamoDB / ElasticSearch
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.