Operations Infrastructure Program Manager, Customer Success
- San Francisco, CA
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Global Program Management and Infrastructure team ensures the smooth and efficient running of the Customer Success organization on a daily basis. With offices in the US, Canada, Japan, Ireland, Australia, Poland, Taiwan, and Guatemala, we improve both quality of output and cost efficiency of the global organization, while also ensuring timely execution of essential strategic projects for the growing Customer Success team. As an Operations Infrastructure Manager, you'll work cross functionally — with other Customer Success teams, with systems and engineering teams, and beyond — to build towards the global vision of CS. You will report into an Operations Infrastructure Lead.
Specifically, you will:
- Become an expert on our business processes and technology platforms; propose and implement improvements through automation and redesign. You are the point of contact that defines and relays requirements between Customer Success and our technology teams.
- Create technical product requirements, ensuring our systems and technology teams know exactly how to design their solutions to fit the needs of the growing global Customer Success team.
- You'll make sure that roadmaps — on both sides — are prioritized appropriately, and that all teams are in aligned on product requirements
- Use your understanding of software development processes to identify dependencies, "long poles," "blockers," and execution risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Communicate developments, updates, project health and problems, and manage expectations of all stakeholders – both technical and non-technical.
- Develop deep, mutually-beneficial working relationships with different partners and stakeholders, including: internal product & engineering teams.
- Work with our technology teams and hold them accountable for the smooth-running of our entire tools ecosystem.
- Align large cross-team projects by guiding annual and quarterly planning processes.
- Support seamless change management for each infrastructure/system change affecting the global team – ensuring no detail is left out and all impacts are accounted for.
- 4+ years of experience in project/program management role(s) leading complex technical projects and/or system implementations.
- Create clarity from ambiguity and break down complex projects into manageable, interdependent deliverables.
- Extensive experience documenting and translating cross-functional business to technical requirements (and vice versa) (i.e. writing Product Requirements Documents) in a consolidated matter – ready for multiple projects execution.
- Experience managing trade-offs while running multiple project given specific constraints, often with competing resource.
- The ability to understand and deal well with rapid development cycles and to remain flexible in the face of uncertainty.
- Experience around prioritization and continuous optimization. You can discern the urgency and importance of work. You find creative ways to use the full potential of our existing tools, and advocate for novel solutions.
- Excellent soft skills, catered towards a variety of stakeholder functions. You're able to clearly and concisely communicate an idea and its impact.
- Experience with Salesforce, Amazon Web Services, JIRA, SQL and Looker is not necessary, but huge pluses!
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.