Software Engineering Manager, Risk and Seller Experience
- Remote, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Risk Engineering works to protect Square and our customers from fraud and payment disputes. We keep our customers safe while $25B+ flows through Square annually, and we allow the entire company to take risks and grow. To do this, we build systems to detect and respond to potential fraud threats, provide outstanding tools to agents for investigating fraud events, and give our customers seamless web and mobile experiences to manage and fight payment disputes. Our mission is to protect Square, protect our customers, and make a complicated and sometimes painful process understandable to all.
As Square has grown in size our customers sometimes face experiences that are confusing or difficult. We're building a dedicated team to establish a platform to ensure that our customer experience is cohesive, and they can seamlessly provide more context when we need it to maintain a business relationship.
- Lead a new Risk team responsible for the delivery and success of a new platform focused on maintaining a cohesive customer experience for sellers that need our help. You'll help to establish the new team's operating rhythm!
- Work with teams across Square, in multiple locations, to develop new features and improve existing processes
- Build an outstanding team by coaching engineers, promoting engineering decision-making, and applying your technical expertise to hold your team to high engineering standards
- Grow your career in an engaged and creative engineering community that ships amazing products, reporting directly to a Senior Manager on the Risk team
- 2+ years of experience as a people manager, with demonstrated ability to ensure the success of your team members
- Experience hiring and building teams of top engineering talent
- A history of healthy collaboration with product managers, operations agents, engineers, data scientists, designers, and engineering managers on developing road-maps and working towards them
- Customer empathy: you understand your customers' needs
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.