Logistics Program Manager - EU
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Europe Logistics Program Manager is a newly opened position to support all of Square’s Logistics and Fulfillment efforts in Europe. As part of the Hardware Logistics team, this individual will play a critical role in our mission to deliver Square products to our customers in a fast, reliable, economical and elegant fashion. You will determine best practices, collaborate on growth initiatives across the supply chain and company, support the implementation, and ultimately manage Square’s fulfillment and delivery operations for all products in Europe. The candidate will also oversee vendor and supplier partnerships and manage performance within Square’s international supply chain. Success in this role is determined not only by a passion for excellence, but someone who possesses market sensitivity and can quickly react to change as needed.
We’re looking for a dynamic, process-oriented operations leader who has a passion for innovative solutions and scalable systems. Due to your team primarily based out of the San Francisco Bay Area, some evening working hours will overlap with Pacific Standard Time.
- Manage and improve the logistics [inbound, fulfillment and outbound] network for Square’s European markets
- Oversee supplier partnerships and manage performance
- Collaborate closely and effectively with cross functional partners to drive the development of critical and innovative fulfillment initiatives and projects.
- Ensure that performance targets are met on service level commitments to our internal and external customers, across all products within the region
- Implement SOPs with partners and manage KPIs to maximize and measure Square’s partners performance: Order Management; Inventory control, Performance SLA’s, metrics reporting and root cause troubleshooting
- Play a key role in supporting new potential country and new product launches coordinating with global business partners to ensure proper setup, and success of the launches
- Maintain accurate and appropriate SOWs and SOPs specific to the execution of fulfillment operations against B2C, B2B, Retail and Returns distribution requirements
- Handle fulfillment errors and exceptions, correcting as well as identifying preventative measures
- Identify process gaps, propose and drive implementation for scalable solutions
- Leverage access to technology and innovation to bring continuous improvement to European operations
- 5+ years of experience leading logistics functions, warehouses and fulfillment operations in Europe
- 5+ years in the Supply Chain and Logistics Industry preferably working within Hi-Tech or consumer electronics
- Be able to demonstrate managing 3PL/4PL relationships and possess a strong understanding of Omni-Channel logistics
- Project management experience that includes problem identification and resource planning
- Experience in fulfillment operations audit controls and reporting
- Understanding of Quality Assurance processes in distribution centers
- Familiarity with reverse logistics operation flow, from RMA receipt, through inspection and return to vendor.
- Excellence in communicating effectively and leveraging resources
- Analytical and technical proficiency at leveraging software tools: warehouse management (WMS), enterprise resource planning (ERP), and supply chain visibility portals
- Expert level command of Excel and Google suite; experience with SQL queries is a plus
- Familiarity with trade compliance processes in relation to consumer electronics devices
- Ability to show track record of process improvements to support scalability
- Ability to demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving
- Strong eye for detail
- When safe to do so, you have the ability to travel and manage concurrent tasks across multiple time zones
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.