Credit Risk Analyst, Square Financial Services
- San Francisco, CA
Square Financial Services is seeking a highly motivated Credit Analyst to mitigate credit risk within the business financing space. Square Financial Services is responsible for safely providing funds to our customers to help them grow their businesses. In this role, you will analyze data using internal/external tools to distinguish risky accounts from opportunities across different types of businesses. The ideal candidate loves credit, has a strong attention to detail, and enjoys finding creative ways to manage risk while improving the client experience. Successful analysts become experts on Square Financial Services and can impact the product roadmap and customer experience.
- Define, test, and implement new strategies for the prevention of loss on Square Financial Services
- Review applicant accounts to maintain default rate within investor requirements
- Communicate with clients including investigative level conversations
- Maintain up to date process documentation and reporting
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to set policies and reduce loss
- Track and report performance metrics
- Surface opportunities to improve tools, workflow and customer experience
- Participate in ongoing training to maintain current knowledge of BSA/AML and perform BSA/AML duties as required by job function
- 2+ years experience in business lending or credit risk underwriting
- Experience with financial analysis including reviewing financial statements
- Previous experience with Merchant Acquiring or Credit Card processing is a plus
- Able to manage multiple assignments while working independently
- Enjoys working in fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Detective-like mentality; simultaneous desire to help customers and obtain the truth
- Must be a team-oriented individual with willingness to assist in training and development of new team members and/or contractors
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and written communication skills
- Passionate about credit and Square’s mission.
- Formal Credit Training a plus!
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.