Senior Finance & Strategy Manager - Cash App Crypto
- New York, NY
- Employees can work remotely
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
We are looking for a Senior Finance & Strategy Manager to be the essential financial partner for the Cash App Crypto product. You will help expand our existing Bitcoin product line into a portfolio of crypto-based services. You will also work with our Equities team and manage a senior analyst who will forecast and analyze historical financial performance for both the Bitcoin and Equity products. This position can sit in any Block or Cash App office in the US or be 100% remote from any US State with the exception of Alaska.
- Partner with Product, Operations, Tax and Accounting teams to promote Crypto's domestic and international expansion
- Drive analysis to make the case for new monetizable opportunities within crypto ecosystem
- Support strategic decisions, including ad-hoc projects on customer behavior analysis and unit economics, LTV / ROI of marketing efforts, and other data-driven analysis
- Partner with Ops and Treasury teams to manage BTC custody and insurance captive costs and requirements
- Oversee one senior analyst focused on Cash's equities investing product
- Work with Hardware wallet and TBD F&S teams
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- 2+ years of crypto knowledge or experience
- Excellent proficiency with SQL and in financial modeling and Excel ( be prepared for a case study)
- Experience with data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.