Product Marketing Manager, Square Retail
- Toronto, Canada
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We are hiring a Product Marketing Manager (PMM) to lead the growth and adoption of Square for Retail, a purpose-built Point of Sale solution for retail business owners, in Canada. You will be the product owner and expert in Canada, responsible for defining and optimizing the experience for Square sellers, and leading the go-to-market strategy, including audience segmentation, positioning and optimization of all growth channels.
In this new role, you will impact our business and partner with product management, design, research, analytics, product marketing, and local marketing teams. This includes understanding each country's small business landscape, tracking market conditions affecting product acquisition and usage, understanding customer segments and the competitive environment, gathering product and customer insights, and feeding those insights and requirements back into the product roadmap. It is the PMM's job to ensure we build the right product to meet the needs of our customers, partner with our sales and marketing teams to deliver the right messaging through the right channels, and collect and leverage customer feedback, insights and data analysis to improve our offering in-market.
You will report to the Global Product Marketing Lead for Square for Retail, based in San Francisco, California, and become the first CA-based PMM on this team.
- Lead the go-to-market plan and ongoing marketing strategy for Square for Retail
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, and messaging to be used in product development and marketing campaigns
- Develop data-driven lifecycle marketing and cross-sell strategies to promote product growth and retention
- Ensure product releases are launched with appropriate localization and messaging for each market
- Ensure all customer-facing teams are on-message and maximizing each channel (paid and organic)
- Be the liaison between the product team and Canadian Sales/Marketing/Customer Success teams to gather feedback and collaborate on local marketing opportunities and partnerships
- Identify target customers, their needs, and how products will meet those needs through surveys, interviews, and product usage
- Look for opportunities to develop marketing campaigns and projects unique to Canada
- Partner with US Product Marketing Managers to inform pricing and packaging strategies
- Be the voice of the Canadian customer and partner with Product Management, Design and Engineering to determine the international product strategy and influence the product roadmap
- Track marketing program performance and optimize through continuous testing
- Assess competitive offerings and promote ongoing differentiation
- A BA degree or equivalent practical experience
- The ability to work with Canadian-based sellers, Square team members, and global Square colleagues located in various timezones in the US (email, video meetings, in person)
- Experience working in product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing, or similar go-to-market positions
- Experience with marketing and go-to-market in the CA market
- Experience in growth or lifecycle marketing by email, in-product, content marketing, and other owned/ earned channels
- Passion for Square and desire to help Square Sellers in CA succeed
- Fluency in French is preferred
- Background in B2B marketing, with experience delivering growth in consumer tech or small to medium business tech is preferred
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.