Integrated Marketing Lead
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square is looking for an Integrated Marketing Lead, reporting to the Global Brand Marketing Lead. You will lead a team who develops our integrated marketing programs designed to further build the Square brand and support the Square business.
As a change leader you will work with the Global Brand Marketing Lead to build a strategic vision and strong marketing plans to achieve growth. You will oversee the development of outstanding integrated marketing campaigns across the paid, owned, earned framework. We are looking for close collaboration with all of the other teams across Brand Marketing and strong partnership with Creative, Product teams, and Marketing Analytics to optimize campaign performance on an ongoing basis.
You will be an experienced brand marketing leader who has worked on large brands within matrixed or siloed organizations. You can effectively evaluate creative and media plans, manage cross-functional teams and agencies. You will be highly strategic and able to translate customer insights into marketing strategies, very comfortable using data to make decisions, and able to build frequent test-and-learns to improve our marketing approach. Most importantly, you must model our values and have a passion for developing talent.
- Lead a team of 7 managers and senior managers (4 direct reports)
- Work with our Insights & Strategy team to develop an understanding of our seller personas, mindsets, attitudes, values and behaviors.
- Work with product marketing teams, Creative and other Brand Team members to build brand programs and acquire new customers.
- Oversee the development of integrated campaigns across Paid, Owned, and Earned channels from briefing through execution
- Encourage cross-team collaboration and promote integrated, full funnel campaigns that achieve our goals
- Oversee our media agency relationship
- Work as a close partner with the creative team to lead development of creative against briefs, ensuring media strategy and creative strategies are aligned.
- Work with Marketing Analytics to set campaign goals and Indicators, oversee measurement and monitoring of campaigns, and promote a culture of ongoing experimentation to improve our marketing efforts.
- Oversee campaign budgets, including existing spend and drafting business cases for incremental investment
- Experience with brand measurement metrics, experimentation, and analytics
- Ability to work within a business-critical role that will be defined and redefined along the journey
- A willingness to listen, take feedback and remain flexible
- Curious and brave with a constant desire to test new ideas and channels.
- You naturally take a global-first mindset
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated people leadership experience, with a strong passion for developing talent
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.