Product Manager, Credit Underwriting (Banking)
- New York, NY
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Square Banking has revolutionized the way businesses and consumers obtain the funding needed to achieve their goals. Unlike traditional business financing products, Square Credit offers are extended to pre-qualified sellers with no application process, their funds are deposited as soon as the next business day, and repayment happens as a fixed percentage of daily card sales.
As the Credit Underwriting Product Manager for Square Banking, you will oversee the vision, roadmap, and execution of the models, services and infrastructure that powers the offer generation for all of Credit's products. Partnering closely with Engineering and Data Science, you will build a platform that enables products to use data integrations, which allow rapid iteration of product risk models and support compliance with regulatory requirements around underwriting policies and decisions. You will own prioritization of the roadmap, decide when to build new underwriting capabilities, and support the launch of all the Credit teams products.
- Partner with Data Science and other product team members to determine a clear underwriting vision based on our customers' problems.
- Intimately learn and understand the technical details of our underwriting capabilities and systems to become not only an expert in them, but also understand the underlying data sources and how product and data science teams use them to build on our growth and risk goals.
- Lead all ongoing and quarterly roadmap planning based on the annual plan. Manage an intake processes form a broad team, to ensure we are supporting our product and data science teams' need to build and iterate quickly.
- Establish and document clear requirements, most of which will be influenced by the needs of the product teams, for the underwriting team's prioritized plans.
- Oversee the success of the team's projects - manage project timelines, achieve outcomes with your engineering and data science partners . You will also work with vendors for data integrations and ongoing maintenance of data sources.
- Over time, develop your perspective on additional data sources and data trends that may solve our product and data science teams' problems.
- 5+ year(s) of experience and at least 2-3 of that as a product manager - preference for PMs with past underwriting or risk experience
- Collaboration - this is a cross-functional role and you need to be aligned with your engineering/data science partners as architectural and prioritization decisions are made
- Backbone - you understand the needs of different teams, drive clarity in decision making, and can tailor your communications
- Strong interest in technical challenges, including a desire to poke around in the code for your learning, and working on a broader platform team that is building tools and services for our customers
- Experience in lending or financial services / technology
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.