Business Intelligence / Data Developer, Enterprise
- Toronto, Tor, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
As a Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Developer within the Enterprise Engineering team, you will work with internal partners across multiple time zones to provide expertise and design data solutions using several BI tools. You will focus on three important areas - centralizing data repositories, building self-serve analytics platforms, and developing automated reporting solutions. These business essential data repositories, analytics platforms, and dashboards will be used directly by our teams to help guide their decision-making process and directly contribute to Square's growth.
- Manage and automate the end-to-end process of organizational data collection and reporting through Looker dashboards, Data Modeling, ETLs, and more.
- Recommend and implement data models, data architecture, business intelligence, and data governance processes to ensure scalability and maintainability.
- Implement business intelligence and advanced analytics solutions to achieve data analysis, data reconciliation and reporting.
- Coordinate with your team to identify new data requirements, analysis strategies and reporting solutions.
- Standardize and enshrine business and product metric definitions in the data warehouse.
- Promote data, analytics, and data model design best practices.
- Help implement business analytics practices that promote improved decision-making and performance.
- Create technical systems documentation.
- 6+ years of experience building data visualizations and proficiency in SQL.
- 2+ years of Data Modeling experience to bring both logical models and physical design for systems.
- Experience working with cloud-based data warehouse applications such as Snowflake, BiqQuery, or similar
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools like Looker
- Technical initiative and a desire to perform and grow.
- The desire to work collaboratively over video or asynchronously through online tools.
Technologies We Use
- Reporting - Looker
- Data Warehouse - Snowflake, BigQuery
- Cloud Suites - AWS, GCP
- Data Integration and Scheduling - Fivetran, Airflow
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.